Situated in the historic precinct of Port Elizabeth, the Phoenix Hotel could be the oldest operating Hotel in South Africa (Circa 1837) with that old-fashioned pub feeling. The walls are decorated with photos and memorabilia from bygone times. This heritage building contains an incredible collection of memorabilia (value unknown), richly textured spaces, comprising of a cosy reception lounge, restaurant and plenty of bar area. The floor of the Cantina restaurant area is covered in sawdust and the walls features an array of slogans, USA number plates, posters, signs and advertisements dating back to yester year and before.
Most of Port Elizabeth's tourism highlights are on the doorstep namely the Historic Opera House, The Historic Donkin Lighthouse and Reserve across the road, City Hall, PE Harbour and King Beach (5 K's) with easy access to the airport (6 K's), the hotel has already gained a 37,500+ people following on FB STAGE DOOR PHOENIX HOTEL with a fantastic reputation with glowing reviews 4.5 Stars out of 5 for its Cantina Restaurant.
This is a fantastic opportunity to purchase this historic Hotel with a great heritage and chart its future journey!
Erf Size 644 square metres
Rates per month R5 037.00
Details of the property -
- Office area,
- Apartment - 2 rooms, with bathroom consisting of bath, 2x separate toilets and separate shower
- Cellar with walk in fridge.
- Laundry room.
- 2 rooms with en-suite bathrooms.
- Foyer/Reception area
- Restaurant area - Easily seats 60 People
- Kitchen area with scullery
- 2 Staff Toilets
- 2 Outside Staff Rooms
- Store room with fridges
- Small Dinning Area with newly renovated Ladies Bathroom
- Main bar - With beautiful wooden Bar and 2 under bar fridges - Easily seats 45 people
- Small Back Bar and Dinning Area with newly renovated Ladies Powder Room with 2 Toilets
- Gents' bathroom
9 Creatively themed bedrooms with 32" Tv's and OVHD Decoders, fully furnished
4 Bedrooms offer en-suite bathrooms and the 5 rooms without en-suite are serviced by 3 External showers and 3 separate toilets
Owners Apartment with 2 bedrooms, lounge, kitchenette and full bathroom
Store Room - Currently used as a Filing room - could easily be used as an extra room
3 Garages plus private secure parking for up to 5 vehicles
16 CCTV CAMERAS
Property Information & Features
- Property Type
- Listing Type
- For Sale
- Port Elizabeth Central, Port Elizabeth
- R 9,000,000 · Get Pre-Qualified
- Price per m²
- R 13,975
- Floor Size
- 1192 m²
- Erf Size
- 644 m²
- Open Parking Bays
- Commercial Zoning
Map & Nearby
Meet your Broker