If it looks like Shrek is going to jump out of the swamp that is supposed to be your bathroom, then it is high time for a deep clean.
Even old showers that have been used beyond their prime can be jazzed up to look fresh and modern again. There are many different cleaning hacks that you can implement in order to enjoy a clean shower again.
The best part is that these hacks are so easy to use and it makes use of household ingredients that you already have in your home.
Here are a few tricks that you can start with today:
Start with your shower head
Where would you usually start cleaning something? Why, from the top of course! It is no different with a shower.
Start cleaning your shower at the shower head. You might not think that it is going to be that dirty, but you will be surprised: years of running water and splashy suds can make a shower head look pretty ugly.
Mineral deposits often build up into horrid colonies of hardened grit and grime, blocking the water spray and making for a less-than-luxurious cleansing experience.
This mess can easily be taken care of by soaking your shower head in vinegar and baking soda overnight. You will need baking soda, a rubber band, and a large Ziploc bag (or a small trash bag, depending on the size of the shower head).
Mix a 1:3 ratio of baking soda to vinegar, put the mixture in the bag and secure it over the shower head with the rubber band. Let it sit overnight, allowing the mixture to eat away the accumulated mineral deposits.
The next morning, you simply wipe away the leftover residue and let the water run for a while before you enjoy a clean shower!
Cleaning the shower drain might not sound like the best way to spend an afternoon, but the method is really simple and similar to your volcano classroom experiment. It might even be fun for the kids to watch.
- Start by boiling a pot of water. As soon as it has boiled, pour it down the drain.
- You then add half a cup of baking soda, then pour a mixture of 1 cup vinegar and 1 cup hot water down the drain after it. This reaction should then create the much desired ‘volcano’ effect.
- As soon as it starts bubbling out the drain, put the drain cover over the drain and let science do its magic.
- Let it sit for about 10 minutes before flushing it with boiling water one more time.
Any smelly, scummy buildup that used to enjoy the comforts of your pipes will fizzle away, improving drainage and all future cleanups.
The walls, doors & floor
It is a continuous battle trying to keep the shower door, walls and floor clean. Luckily, you can easily fix this up, no matter what type of shower you have.
- Keep a scrub brush and a bottle of vinegar in your shower caddy.
- Simply give the walls, door, and floors a quick scrub after your daily shower routine in order to remove soap scum, mildew and mold.
- After you are done, leave the shower curtain or door open so that everything can dry out.
You will have a super clean and fresh shower every day!
You can’t expect to feel relaxed and clean if you are showering in a dirty shower. Make sure that your shower is always looking fresh with these economically friendly and easy shower cleaning tips!