- 1 - Take care of grout with an old electrical toothbrush
- 2 - Clear drains with baking soda & vinegar
- 3 - Get rid of rust with salt & lemon
- 4 - Kill all soap scum with dryer sheets
- 5 - Clean your toilet with denture tablets
There are very few chores that are as important (and often as tedious) as cleaning the bathroom.
The toilet alone probably gets used more than any other piece of furniture or appliance in the house, so it is obvious that it needs to be cleaned more!
You might think that you know all there is to know about cleaning a bathroom and that there is no easy way out of it, but think again.
There are a few unconventional ways for you to clean your bathroom with products you would never have even dreamed about:
1 – Take care of grout with an old electrical toothbrush
Toothbrushes have always been a popular way of cleaning the kitchen or bathroom in those hard to reach areas, so this instrument of cleaning should not be as surprising to most of us.
Many cleaning experts have put the toothbrush to the test against grout on the floor! Save yourself the trouble by holding onto your old electric toothbrush head.
Opt for the trusty baking-soda-and-vinegar concoction (or use a conventional cleaner) and make that baby work for you. Use the old electric toothbrush head to power the grout away completely.
2 – Clear drains with baking soda & vinegar
Remember that awesome volcano experiment you had to do in school?
You can recreate that experience every time when clearing out your drain – both the sink and the shower:
- Simply pour a cup of baking soda down the drain followed by one cup of vinegar.
- Then put a damp washcloth over the drain and let the mixture fizz away, blasting the built-up gunk to keep the water moving.
- Wait for about 15 minutes, then boil the kettle.
- Pour the hot water down the drain in order to flush and cleanse it.
3 – Get rid of rust with salt & lemon
Rust can easily settle in and around the drain of your sink or bathroom and luckily this can easily be settled with what you have in the house:
- Grab half a lemon and some salt, close the drain and squeeze the lemon juice around the rusted area.
- Then add enough salt, but not too much – it should form a type of paste.
- Leave this for a few hours on the affected area and come back to wipe it away.
The rust should now disappear with the paste!
4 – Kill all soap scum with dryer sheets
Did you know you can use dryer sheets for more than just cleaning your sheets?
If you add a couple drops of water to one of these sheets, you can use them to remove soap scum from your walls, shower doors & tubs.
When you are changing the toilet roll again, be sure to put one of these sheets on the inside of the roll itself. So, whenever you spin it, you will get a whiff of freshness which keeps the air in the bathroom smelling great all the time.
5 – Clean your toilet with denture tablets
This works great if you have grandparents with dentures living with you, but even if you don’t, you should always have denture tablets around the house.
It has an amazing effervescent power and it can clean a multitude of things around your house, like toilets, for instance.
All you do is you drop a couple of these tablets into the bowl and you let them sit for 10-15 minutes. Follow this up with a little bit of scrubbing with your trusty old toilet brush and you’re all done.
A great way to make use of a multipurpose tablet!
Cleaning your bathroom shouldn’t be a difficult chore and with these unique ways of cleaning, you will definitely not complain about it again.